By: May Rostom
Cookies are favored by kids and adults alike. Dipped in some milk and loaded with chunky chocolate chips, are guaranteed to elevate your mood almost instantly. Down below is the original Nestle® Toll House® cookie recipe. This recipe yields around 60 cookies and takes only half an hour to prep. Here’s what you need:
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup of softened butter
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs
• 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (if you can’t find these, try HERSHEY’S chocolate chips)
• 1 cup chopped nuts (skip the nuts if you’re allergic)
1. Preheat the oven to 190c / 375 f
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat the cup of butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake until golden brown (from 9-11 mins). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You’ll probably feel guilty after indulging in these treats but each cookie is 108 Calories, which contains 6.2g fat and 15mg cholesterol.