Then I cut them again at about 1 inch and then folded each one so that there was a point on one side, as seen below.
Next, I took the Styrofoam egg and the short applique pins and started attaching the folded papers on the narrow part of the egg first.
I worked my way around and up the egg to the wide part. Once I got to the top, I left some unused portion of the egg open so I could add the ribbon and some embellishments. I used a hot glue gun to add the embellishments.
This project was as much fun to make as the ones I made in my teenage years with my family! I will definitely be making more.